Sunday, March 30, 2014

The end of the season.

Here I sit in the lounge, typing on my laptop for my last night on Palmer Station, possibly ever.  The LMG got here early this week and we've been busy with turnover; swapping out crews and offloading cargo.  We're sailing north tomorrow, taking the summer crew out across the Drake Passage, expecting to arrive in Chile on April 4th.

It's been a long season, a strange season.  The mess with the government shutdown seems like a lifetime ago.  There's still so many pictures, so many stories I have to tell about life on the ice, but it seems I am out of time.

So for this last post from Antarctica, I'll put up the lastest time-lapse.  Similar to my Ice and Clouds compilation from the middle of the season, it's a montauge of sequences that I've captured over the last seven months on the ice.

So full-screen it, turn on your speakers and enjoy.  And watch in the highest resolution you can.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many winter overs are at Palmer this year?

erin said...

Why is it your last post, possibly ever - are you not going back next year?

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for keeping this blog. I saw your reddit AMA a while back and book-marked this page. I read it very often and am sad this might be your last post- Are you not planning on going back next year?