Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hooray for electricity!

So, because our mechanic is an apparent work-a-holic who never needs a break, he managed to get the #1 generator, the one that was in the middle of it's rebuild, back together in about half the time that the book said it should take. So we were finally able to shut the leaky one down, so we can start tearing into it to find out exactly what's broken. For those of you who aren't familer with engines, oil leaking into the coolant is a very bad thing, although slightly less bad then coolant leaking into the oil. It's sort of like having blood in your poop. It's a sign that something is very wrong, but it's a little better then poop in your blood. Man, my analogies are so awesome.

Today was a beautiful day here. Crystal blue sky, no wind to speak of, and perfect temps, it hovered around 10 degrees all day. It's currently 2 degrees, with no wind at all, so I'm thinking I might go for a hike up the glacier tonight. Have to take advantage of the awesome weather while you can. The temp is almost irrelevant, it's the wind that is the real killer. So basically, any day with no wind is a beautiful day, no matter what else the weather is doing.

On another note, I've been playing far too much Guitar Hero. My left hand is cramping up from too much rapid mashing of fret buttons. But I can pretty reliably get 140,000+ points on "Stricken" by Disturbed on Medium, which is a big improvement for me. Star Power is still a pain in the butt, though. More often then not, when I activate it, the process of activating it screws up my note streak.

Anyone under the age of 30 knows what that means. Everyone is is probably scratching their heads.

No comments: