Sunday, August 3, 2008

Dates

Okay, I've gotten the details on my summer contract.

As I said last post, my title will officially be a Utility Technician's Helper. My current title is Carpenter's Helper, which is ironic because I've had to do little to no carpentry at all since I got here. I've actually been functioning as . . . a Utility Technician's Helper.

So, all this means is that I'll actually be called what I am. The weird downside to this is that UT Helpers are actually paid a bit less then Carp Helpers. So even with the small percentage pay increase that I get for it being my second contract, my actual pay stays almost the same. I will be making exactly $2 more per week. Aw yea, I'm rollin' in the dough now, boyeeeeeeee.

The current schedule has me leaving on the February boat, and getting back to the USA on or around the 15th of said month. So, sliding right back into the middle of a Chicago winter. All told, this will end with me having spent ten consecutive months on this little rock. Lets hope that when it's all said and done, I'm not too fried.

No comments: