Saturday, July 5, 2008

The stuff that nighmares are made of

I'm not sure how this happened, or when. but a couple of nights ago, I took the lens off my shelf to show someone, and upon taking off the lens cap, saw one of the scariest things ever.

The few of you who are photo nerds reading this know exactly what that lens is, and exactly how expensive it is. For those of you who don't know? It's a lot. Many, many many dollars.

The good news? It was just the $30 UV Haze filter that was shattered. It did it's job and protected the lens itself from any damage. It had evidently taken a hell of a hit, as the filter was slightly bent out of shape, and was now jammed onto the front of the lens SO tightly that I had to use a large pair of channel locks and a bench vise to get it off.

So the lens itself is fine, and after taking the filter off to find the lens glass unscathed, I'm feeling a lot better myself.

No comments: