Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Here I go!

So, this morning (technically yesterday), my dad and Bri dropped me off at O'Hare for my flight out to Denver. So far, this whole thing doesn't quite feel out of the ordinary yet. It's only a couple months ago that I was living my dull little life, answering the phone and helping people with their computers, but now here I am, on my way to the ice. It still seems a bit distant.


The traveling was okay. I mean, it's traveling. The usual mess of annoying people and cramped seats and waiting around and various mess-ups.


Tomorrow, the 23rd, I've got a bunch of stuff to do at the Polar Services headquarters, including the long and absurdly boring psych eval. On the upside, the hotel that they're putting me up at has free wi-fi, and doesn't seem to have blocked the ports for BitTorrent, so I've got another 36 hours or so of downloading that I can do, should at least allow me to finish up Dr Who and Torchwood episodes.


Anyway, here's a lame little arms-length shot of me at DIA waiting for the shuttle.


At DIA

No comments: